Lee Hom - Heartbeat

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

AirAsia, goes public this September?

"Now Everyone Can Fly"
Couldn't imagine any farther that AirAsia has come to this stage. Started out at some three years ago with just two Boeing 737-300 planes to 14 aircrafts, they have done quite a well job with their no-frills flights.

It has been reported that AirAsia has registered a net profit of RM 20 millions for the financial year 2003.

theedgedaily reported that AirAsia expects to handle 3.2 million passenger this year, up from 2.1 million passengers in 2003 and 1.1 million in 2002. Obviously, to me, this is quite convincing and I see the potential of it to increase more for the years to come.

AirAsia has proposed a RM 760 million initial public offering (IPO), and it is supposed to be offered in June 2004. Later in June, however, it has deferred it to the next quarter (September 2004).

Since I am eager to see the performance of AirAsia in the future, therefore, I am looking forward in seeing AirAsia goes public this coming September. I might put a few dollars out to get some share of this "going-to-be-listed" company too.

Just my opinion anyway.

No comments: