Lee Hom - Heartbeat

Friday, August 20, 2004

An "unlucky" lunch experience...

[Updated]

Today, was happy to know that a restaurant will be doing some lunch offer. All the lunch set will be applied with a 100yen discount. Therefore, I gathered a few colleagues to go and have a lunch together at that place - DON'A Spaghetti.

12 o'clock hit, met with my colleagues and we, the trio, head to that restaurant not far away from our office building, just a few minutes walk. Reached the shop and made our order as usual.

After a while, the waiter came with our drinks and salads. Orange juice for one of my colleague, and the other two drinks went to my body. Yes, my body I said. The waiter spilled the drinks onto my body!! Shirt completely wet plus a few small wet spot to my jean. My body filled with the smell of "Oolong Tea".

The waiter then brought some cloths for me to wipe my wet body but that didn't help much. Well, gave up with that, and sat myself down waiting for the lunch to come. In my mind, I was hoping for a free lunch... hehe.

Since my shirt won't dry itself for the next hour or two and I felt uncomfortable while having my lunch, therefore decided to go and buy a shirt to change. I went out from the restaurant for a while to a shop nearby to get myself a change but it seems that the prices were too expensive for such a substitute task. Therefore, gave up again and headed back to the restaurant.

Atmosphere remained the same without tense and we still continued to talk and joke around while having our lunch. Well, no point in keeping that incident in mind, right?

Finished the lunch, and walked to the cashier counter to make the payment. Everything went as usual - make payment and leave. Err, what about my free lunch? *stop dreaming*

After that, I went to UniQlo to get myself a change. Shops bearing that name are well known for cheap and good quality shirts. Yup, although cheap, the quality are still up to the standard. Well, when I say cheap, please keep the word "relative" in mind. After some fashion consideration, bought one and got back to the office. At the office, changed my shirt and got back to work as normal.

While the restaurant was doing an offer, the overall expense, for me, for that meal was:

Lunch = 660yen (Lunch set (580yen after 100yen discount) + Garlic toast (80yen))
Shirt = 790yen
Total = 1450yen

This was no offer. Today's Friday, and yet it was not as good as the day should look and feel. Hmm, what a day...

Update
Realised that I like the shirt that I have just bought, might buy another one later... haha.

No comments: