Lee Hom - Heartbeat

Thursday, August 12, 2004

Olympics 2004 in Athens

Tomorrow, 13th of August, is the opening ceremony for Olympics 2004 in Athens! And my company will be on holiday too! but not because of this Olympics event.

I really wish to be there and watch the events but I think I should *stop dreaming*!! Recently, I started to like baseball, thanks to Japan's live telecasts all this while, and I am going to support the Japan's baseball team. My favorite team member, one and only one for the moment:

1)Uehara Kouji (上原 浩治) - the pitcher.

Beside baseball, I will also support Japan's female volleyball team. Well, I supported this team since last year's world cup (for volleyball). However, I feel that they stand a very very small chance in getting a medal for Japan since the play quality is still quite far between them and other teams. They ranked 7 in the world and have to face the top 6 there. No special individual that I prefer inside this volleyball team, I support all the members from that team:

1)Ootomo Ai (大友 愛)
2)Oomura Kanako (大村 加奈子)
3)Ooyama Kana (大山 加奈)
4)Kimura Saori (木村 沙織)
5)Kurihara Megumi (栗原 恵)
6)Sasaki Miki (佐々木 みき)
7)Sugiyama Sachiko (杉山 祥子)
8)Takahashi Miyuki (高橋 みゆき)
9)Takeshita Yoshie (竹下 佳江)
10)Tsuji Chie (辻 知恵)
11)Narita Ikumi (成田 郁久美)
12)Yoshihara Tomoko (吉原 知子)

The final event that I will support for Japan is table tennis. "Ai-chan", age 15, will also be playing for Japan. She started to play table tennis at a very very young age, since she was at the age of 3!

1) Fukuhara Ai (福原 愛)

Lastly, I would not forget to support my country, Malaysia. For this, however, I will only support badminton event. My support will go for Wong Choong Hann. Unfortunately, his performance isn't that promising recently. His world rank dropped from 4th to 6th at the moment. Hope that he could perform well in this Olympics event and improve his world ranking.

1)Wong Choong Hann

I will pray for him...

Here goes my summary for the list of events that I am supporting:

1) Baseball - Japan
2) Volleyball - Japan
3) Table Tennis - Japan
4) Badminton - Malaysia

Let's see how many of the above events (or people) that I support will win a medal for their respective country...

No comments: