Lee Hom - Heartbeat

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Another item into my inventory... (1)

Yes, I have just bought myself an iPod shuffle.

And I can tell you all that it is very frustrating for me to get this little gadget. Normally, we could get it at those electronic/electrical stores found everywhere in Japan. However, this time, we have to actually go to the counter and reserve it. Well, going to the counter and register, fine... but wait, yes you have to wait for 2 - 3 weeks before you could officially get a taste of it. Yes, 2-3 weeks is very long for me and I ain't gonna register and wait for it. I need shortcuts. The only shortcut that I know is to buy it directly from the Apple shop that is quite far from the place that I stayed previously and even farther from my new apartment.

What can I do? I couldn't wait any longer and therefore I had to do some extra spending in order to get it. Spending for train transportation is inevitable and it costed me around 800yen! (This is around RM 28!). Nevermind, I am willing to pay this rather than sitting in my room and wait for 2-3 weeks. I could have suffered more if I were to wait.

Took the train to reach a station called "Ginza". This place is the place where luxurious stuffs are being sold and most of the people who shop there have a lot of money to spend around. If I could accidentally get to know one of them, man, I would not need to work for the rest of my life, I suppose. But, who cares, my current mission's to get my little gadget. Don't give a damn about these people walking around.

Reached the station, and wah..., that's my first time going there... and I missed the oppurtunity to take some photos for memory. Haha, as if I won't be going there anymore in my life! Wait, I still have not mentioned anything yet, and I've already jump into photo session? Crazy me... sorry.

Took my first step to the station and slipped my train ticket to the ticket counter located not far away from where I got off. Okay, now problem arises, which exit should I take? I don't even know where this Apple shop is? The station is under the ground, yes a subway, therefore I couldn't get a sight from here. Haha, just press my luck then. Walked for around 5-10 minutes before I decided to take a stair up above the ground for fresh air and some sunlight.

Ahhh, out from the subway, and err, which way to take... *follow my instinct and it says I should take the left path* and so I did as instructed. Walked for about 10 minutes and still I couldn't see any Apple trademark imprinted to a building. What I saw were some automobiles showroom and a Ferrari showroom, wow, really hope that I have my camera with me that time... *keep walking* Was going nearer to another train station already, which means I will cross the Ginza border soon. No hope, should I go back to the starting point and take the right path instead? Decision made, and so I went back to the initial starting point, *another 10 minutes walk*. Okay, all my effort wasted for the past 20 minutes.

Go right! Go right! 1, 2, 3, and 4 steps taken *stop for a while and peep around for beautiful chicks, woow... i saw girls here and girls there and apple there*. Alerted when my mind spoke the apple word. Don't tell me it's... yes, Apple shop laid just right in front of my eye. And it only took me 4 steps from my initial starting point to locate it! Stupid me to follow my instinct, ceh.

Without wasting anymore time, I rushed myself to the other side of the street and finally I reached the Apple shop. It is a 4-story building, with all the floors selling Apple products. And my "target" could be found at the ground floor. But the pay line was another challenge. What? I have to wait at least 20-30 minutes to pay? Alright, what's 20-30 minutes to me now. Quickly rushed to the corner and grab my gadget (*kiasu style*). Target secured.

While following the queue, I noticed that some bought more than one of the iPod shuffle. Wow, Apple must be earning a lot by now... *still dreaming around with my iPod*

*tsugi no okyakusama douzo* (next customer please) - yes, my turn to pay, quickly grab my wallet and pull out my one and only one 10000 yen note and another 1000 yen note to complete the transaction.
Cashier: *tii tii (scanning)* omataseshimashita, kochira no goukei ha 10980yen to narimasu. (Sorry to keep you waiting, the total is 10980yen.)
Me: Hai. (yes) *putting my 10000 yen and 1000 yen note in front of the cashier*
Cashier: Hai, 11000yen wo oazukarimasu... (Allow me to take care of your 11000yen) *toot toot toot - pressing the machine*
After a while...
Cashier: taihen omataseshimashita, otsuri no 20yen to resiito to narimasu. sorede, kono kami ha hoshousho no okawari to narimasu no de, moshii nanika gozaimashitara, kono kami... *don't know what's the remaining sentence* (Really sorry for keeping you to wait, this is your 20yen change and the receipt. And this paper represents the warranty for this product, if there is anything with your product...)
Me: Ahh, hai, wakarimashita... (Ahh, ok, I understand)
Cashier: arigatou gozaimashita, *other staffs also said the same* (Thank you very much.)

Finally, got it!!

*Fast fast rush back to get it to work*

...to be continue

No comments: